Duffel Bag Marketing provides a full menu of brand marketing services. We also leverage three long-term, strategic partners: brand marketing agency, ROI; the global, digital marketing agency ActiveMedia and John Kenny.
Founded in 1996, Return On Investment, Inc. (ROI; perennially is included in the Washington Business Journal’s Book of Lists among the Greater Washington, D.C. area’s top 20 agencies, creating, planning, negotiating, purchasing and stewarding in 2017 many millions in traditional and online media arenas.
Past and present ROI strategic marketing and media clients reflect a broad range of highly regarded, local, regional and national companies and organizations representing a spectrum of industries. They include the Cities of Rockville, MD, Greensboro, NC, Miami, FLA and Philadelphia, PA; Booz Allen Hamilton; SAIC; Cable & Wireless (U.S.); Fortive Corporation; Danaher Corporation; the Washington Redskins; the National Football League; Hitt Contracting; Ting Mobile; The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company; Ourisman Automotive of Virginia; American Capital Partners; Interstate Moving/Relocation/Logistics; Sprint; Stratford University; Nextel; Sirius/XM Satellite Radio and Boston Properties, among many others.
As well, ROI’s principals’ past, account leadership work includes four years of service for marketing of Universal Studios’, Paramount’s, MGM’s, 20th Century Fox’s and Fox Searchlight’s film releases, driving traffic to theaters across the Mid-Atlantic Region).
ROI’s traditional and online media services include:
- Quantitative and qualitative, primary and secondary market research
- “Deep dive,” brand audits – The end-product of this effort leads us into drafting validated, strategic positioning and messaging planks for the corporate brand platform from which more precise, effective sales and marketing can promote measurably improved results.
- Marketing/media communications plan development and implementation
- Creative development (graphics/copy) and production across the complete range of traditional and online media, from sales and direct response print collateral, broadcast media production and buying to development of interactive websites, social media marketing, email marketing and mobile apps
- Public relations – Local, regional, national and international
- Tradeshow exhibitor marketing – Our proprietary PLAYBOOK™ marketing program identifies and connects exhibitors specifically with targeted prospects before, during and after the show, driving qualified traffic to the booth and into exhibitors’ sales pipelines.
- Marketing events – Receptions, seminars, parties from small, intimate events to black tie galas for thousands of attendees
Founded in 1996 and an ROI partner since 1998, ActiveMedia has established an enviable, global track record of delivering measured success to a range of public and private sector clients in the digital marketing and website development space. ActiveMedia’s services include Search Engine Optimization (SEO); Search Engine Marketing (SEM); localized website development (for highly-targeted, in-language marketing in foreign nations); pay-per-click advertising campaigns; online reputation management and mobile app development, among other services.
ActiveMedia’s public sector client base is large, diverse, and global. Government clients are at national, state, and local levels, and include the military, state-owned-enterprises, public institutions, media, and various embassies. They frequently engage ActiveMedia to help improve online visibility directly related to increasing revenues or to achieve a specific set of objectives, as defined by their unique charters.
ActiveMedia’s founder and CEO, Laszlo Horvath, serves on the Industry Trade Advisory Committee of the United States Department of Commerce and is a member of the Virginia-Washington DC District Export Council. He is a board member of LEROS Technologies Corporation, ShopDash, and is on the board of advisors for Five Plus. He is founding partner of Crimson Growth Partners, serves on the board of directors at the American Hungarian Executive Circle, and is a member of the Global Advisory Board of the CEO Clubs International.
Laszlo is an alumni advisor and fundraiser for the Harvard Business School. He is a sought after speaker at U.S. and international conferences on topics related to online marketing, advertising, branding and Internet strategy, and his insights have been featured in Fortune Magazine and Middle Eastern Business Intelligence (MEED).
ActiveMedia’s digital marketing services include:
- Interactive website design and development
- Search engine optimization with guaranteed results in the organic listings
- Social media, mobile, digital and experiential marketing campaigns, including:
Mobile marketing services include:
- Mobile and social promotional campaign integration
- Responsive web design and mobile apps
- “Text- to-win” sweepstakes, contests, and promotions
- Mobile gamification, surveys and sweepstakes management
- Location-based, mobile campaigns
- QR code and managed short code mobile campaigns
Social media marketing services include:
- Taking a holistic approach to developing social media strategy, carefully defining the customers you want to reach and putting together the right promotion mix in the social, mobile and digital space
- Influencer campaigns -Identifying and creating content with top influencer podcasters and bloggers
- Social sweepstakes and contests that drive customer engagement
- Highly-targeted social media campaigns
- Custom Facebook apps built into existing pages
- Social media and mapping information management
Digital marketing services include:
- Search engine optimized responsive web design
- Explainer / “how to” video production and distribution
- Quality content driven search strategy
- Custom content development cross promoted on social media
- Mobile-optimized landing pages with high conversion rates
- Web-based gamification and social media contest promotion
Experiential marketing services include:
- In-venue scoreboard promotions, including text-to-win
- Mobile messaging campaigns and lead generation
- Location-based photo contests, mobile offers and polls
- Tablet-based applications driving data capture and lead generation